Upholstery is an essential element of our furniture, providing comfort and elegance to our homes. It comes in different textures, colors, and materials like leather, cotton, microfiber, and linen. However, upholstery can become dirty and stained with time and use, making it look worn and unkempt. Fortunately, there are several ways to clean and maintain upholstery to keep it looking fresh and new. Let’s explore some amazing tips on cleaning three different kinds of professional upholstery cleaning services:
Leather is a durable and elegant material that can last decades if properly maintained. However, it is also prone to scratches, cracks, and stains, which mar its beauty. Here are some tips on how to clean and maintain leather upholstery:
- Clean leather with a soft brush attachment to remove debris.
- Immediately wipe spills with a dry cloth.
- Use mild soap on stubborn stains and condition leather every six months.
- Protect from sunlight, heat, and moisture.
Cotton is a natural and breathable material that is commonly used for upholstery. It is easy to clean and maintain but attracts dust, dirt, and stains. Here are some tips on how to clean and maintain cotton upholstery:
- Vacuum cotton regularly.
- Use a cloth to blot spills, and avoid rubbing the stain.
- Use a vinegar solution for stubborn stains.
- Do not use hot water or bleach on cotton.
- Wash in cold water without fabric softeners.
Microfiber is a synthetic material that is becoming increasingly popular for upholstery. It’s soft, durable, and easy to maintain but can trap dirt, dust, and pet hair. Here are some tips on how to clean and maintain it like a professional upholstery cleaning service:
- Vacuum the microfiber regularly using a soft brush attachment to remove dust, dirt, and pet hair. Remove any stubborn debris with a lint roller or sticky tape.
- Blot spills and stains immediately with a clean cloth or paper towel. Avoid rubbing the stain, as it can spread and set into the fibers.
- For stubborn stains, combine equal parts water and rubbing alcohol and apply it on the affected area using a clean cloth. Let it sit for 10–15 minutes, then rinse with cold water and blot dry.
- Avoid using hot water, bleach, or fabric softeners on microfiber upholstery, as they can damage the fibers and affect the texture.
- Use a steam cleaner with a microfiber attachment to clean the upholstery and remove any embedded dirt or stains. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and test a small, inconspicuous area first to avoid damaging the fabric.
Hire the Premier Upholstery Cleaner Today
Cleaning and maintaining upholstery is essential to keep it looking fresh and new. Whether you have leather, cotton, or microfiber upholstery, there are several ways to clean and protect it from dirt, stains, and damage. By following these amazing tips, you can enjoy your furniture for years.
Upholstery is a crucial component of your furniture that provides both comfort and style while safeguarding your investment. However, over time, it can become stained and damaged, making it challenging to maintain its appearance. That’s precisely why you should contact our team at Carpet Cleaning by ATL Clean. Our team has access to state-of-the-art equipment and products, allowing us to complete the job swiftly and efficiently. We also offer complimentary evaluations and guarantee that you will be content with every task we undertake. Professional cleaners possess the necessary training and expertise to clean your upholstery safely and effectively. Call our upholstery cleaning service at (912) 361-7032 today!